Dermatology PR in 2022: 4 Strategies to Enhance Visibility, Improve Marketing & Grow Your Practice
How are you going to make 2022 the best year yet for your dermatology practice? No matter how new or established your practice is, the right dermatologist PR plan can be a game-changer when it’s time to increase exposure and achieve next-level success. And many dermatologists rethink and reset their marketing and PR plans every January, right after New Year’s.
If you’re in that boat and now’s the time for a new plan, here are a handful of highly effective strategies for advancing your dermatology PR efforts in 2022.
4 Essential Dermatologist PR Strategies for 2022
These insights, from our elite team of dermatologist PR experts, can help any practice or professional refine their media strategies, increase engagement, and edge out their competitors this year (and beyond).
1. Refresh Your Website
Your website may be the first point of contact people have with your firm, whether those people are potential clients, media professionals, colleagues, or others. So, as you think about dermatology PR strategies for 2022, ask yourself:
- When was the last time my practice’s website had a thorough update?
If it’s been more than 6 to 12 months since a thorough website refresh, now’s the time to plan one. Websites advance rapidly, and an outdated site can give the impression that your practice is behind the times too.
- Does the website site accurately reflect or nicely showcase my practice?
If your practice has moved, added locations, hired new staff, or otherwise changed, again, you want your website to highlight that. Here, pictures can speak volumes, so consider including new images of the practice, your staff, your products, etc.
- Does the website rank in organic search results or drive business to my practice?
Organic search can be a powerful way to engage new potential clients who don’t yet know you. Whether or not your site has some rankings already, an updated website can boost visibility in organic search, giving your practice another way to stand out and get noticed.
2. Create a 2022 Content Marketing Calendar
Content connects and engages. It can also create and refine the “voice” for your brand while developing trust, growing authority, and keeping your practice top-of-mind among prospective clients (and others).
Like many aspects of dermatologist PR and marketing, however, content marketing can fall to the wayside without the right plan. So, incorporate a content marketing calendar into your 2022 dermatology PR plan. As you do, here are some of the key pieces of content to consider including:
- Press releases
- Social media posts
- User-generated content
With content marketing for dermatologists, it’s also important to remember that:
- Regularity and consistency are essential to building and keeping an audience.
- Mixing up topics and formats keeps it exciting. In other words, don’t be afraid to try something new.
3. Develop Your Media Contacts, Network & Presence
Your media contacts and network can help you build authority while amplifying your brand and establishing you as an expert across new channels and audiences. So, make it a point to include some type of media outreach, networking, and appearances into your 2022 dermatology PR plan.
As you do, consider:
- Connecting with online influencers via social media
- Building your network of print and online journalists, so you get quoted more in their relevant stories
- Looking for appearance and interview opportunities, like on TV or podcasts
Keep in mind that this strategy can be really powerful when paired with changes to your practice. For example, if you know your practice will be opening a new location in April 2022, you’re going to want to craft a media campaign and several announcements around the grand opening. If you have a network of media contacts, you’ll have a much easier time getting your message out.
4. Partner with a Leading Dermatology PR Firm
In today’s internet-driven world, dermatology marketing and PR can wither without the right plan and efforts. And what’s “right” can be constantly evolving as your practice changes and technology progresses.
By partnering with an experienced dermatology PR firm, you can be confident that:
- You are leveraging the best PR strategies for your practice, based on its needs and your objectives.
- You have access to professional media networks and real-world PR knowledge about what works (and what doesn’t).
- You have reliable, skilled professionals handling every aspect of your practice’s PR needs.
- You can get expert advice on any aspect of dermatology PR from pros who have seen and done it all.
- You can focus on what you do best, which is running your dermatology practice services.
Find Out More from a Top Dermatology PR Firm: Contact KMR Communications
Discover what one of the nation’s best dermatologist PR firms can do for you by contacting KMR Communications. Since 1998, we have represented more dermatologists than most dermatology PR agencies in the U.S. Backed by a reputation for excellence, we have evolved with the industry, and we currently boast a proprietary list of nearly 5,000 top media contacts, bloggers, and influencers whom we proactively approach on behalf of our clients.
That’s why we are known as the best in the business and why dermatologists from across the U.S. trust KMR Communications when it’s time for exceptional public relations services from a top dermatology PR agency. If you want to reach new audiences while growing name recognition and prestige for your dermatology practice, let’s talk.
Call 305-771-2425 or contact us online for a consultation with one of the nation’s best dermatology pr firms.